Good News Sydney

Thoughts, directions, and vision of the Sydney church plant.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Truck Troubles?

The other week started out as...let's just say not-so-good. Jess had been driving our truck to the Hutton's for her hour of prayer when the truck died on her. We couldn't figure out what the problem was and were fairly worried as she needs the truck for traveling to and from work. Our lack of funds made us uneasy of sending it to a mechanic's shop so I was asking for as many suggestions as I could get. Bobby from next door to teh Huttons even took a look under the hood for me.

Unfortunately, with my lack of mechanical expertise I was unable to get the truck running again. A neighbor of the Hutton's suggested a local mechanic and pretty soon I was traveling down the road in a towtruck. At this point it seemed like it might be a disappointing day. However, along the way I was able to have a good chat with the towtruck driver, a long-time resident of Sydney. We talked about the city and what it was like, and then I was able to explain about why I was here in Sydney. He was very open to what I had to say.

At the mechanic's shop, also a long-time local who actually works out of his garage, we talked about the problem and then I set out to head home. His wife, upon hearing that I was walking back home, offered to give me a ride. Once again, it was another good conversation and I was able to explain my purpose for being in Sydney. On top of all this, I met Dave, the neighbor who suggested the mechanic to us, at Thanksgiving dinner the other day. It was a good connecting point to talk about.

Anyway, all this to say that even though at first having a broken down truck seemed to be the worse, it gave me an oppurtunity to meet three contacts
and tell some people about the Church Plant starting here in Sydney. Oh by the way, it was simply a problem with the connection, it didn't cost too much, and the truck was ready by the next time Jess had to take it to work.

Ciao,
Nate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home