Good News Sydney

Thoughts, directions, and vision of the Sydney church plant.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Musing 1

So, yesterday, I was sitting in my car in the driveway after taking my two daughters, Catherine and Laura, as well as a friend, Nicole, to school. I pulled into the driveway and felt a peaceful moment happening, so, I stopped the engine and sat. While I sat in the car the CD player advanced to a song by U2..."Where the Streets Have No Name." The intro. is so other-worldly, haunting, reaching I felt not only a peaceful moment, but a holy moment happening, stirring my soul. As I entered into that moment I knew God was near and whispering, "Give it to me."

At one moment in time I began to weep. I sobbed. I released something to Him. I cannot tell you exactly what. I do not exactly know. As the tears began to subside I questioned God, "What is it?" Help me to know. God didn't answer. It was almost as if that wasn't as important as my "giving it" to him. Deep down I knew it was there, but didn't know what it was. It hurts, it frustrates, it feels insecure, it...wants to take over. God knows and wants the best. Giving it to him is one of the hardest things in the world to do. It takes more than one event of giving it away for it to actually go away. I think that I have to give it away to God daily because it comes back...not because God can't hold it, but I (perhaps even subconsciously) take it back.

That happened yesterday and I thought you might like to know.

-Michael

1 Comments:

At 5:34 p.m., Blogger Adirondack Explorer said...

Michael:

I've been there, too, and I know what you mean. I had a similar expreince at 4:00 am the other morning. As I cried out to my Heavenly Father, I yielded all I knew and some of what I didn't. And I asked Him to help me leave it on altar of sacrifice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home